Wednesday, February 1, 2012

(FLOG DAY 1.) The Book That Sounded Like a Tap. A Real Life Story of My Life That May Not Have Happened if I Hadn't Had Too Much Tea.

Now here is a tale that happened to me yesterday afternoon.

I was alone in the house and I was working on the laptop. I decided that it was time for a break so I went downstairs to make a tea (if you didn't already know, many people tend to get up and make a tea as an excuse to get out of doing work for a few minutes).
I picked up a big mug. It is a big mug, about three times bigger than the others... quite a novelty mug you might say. I wanted to have loads of tea for the sake of anti- tiredness and because I like tea. I made the tea but I put two bags into the mug and left them in until the tea was absolutely stewed. I took the tea up and drank it. I then went downstairs again to make another big, stewed tea with two tea bags and before I knew it I had had three of the things within an hour.

By this time it was about lunchtime (in my eyes anyway). I felt peckish so I grabbed my book and went downstairs, made a sandwich and then sat down on the sofa for a good half hour of reading (oh and I made another of those big, stewy teas to compliment the sandwich).

This is the strange part of the story. So I sat down with the sandwich. I picked up my book that was by my side and as I did I naturally tiled it slightly. As I tilted the book I heard a strange sound. The noise sounded like trickling water or the sound of wind rushing through my fingers. I turned the book fully vertical and suddenly the sound stopped. I tilted the book again and the sound came again, as if I was pouring water from the book.

"Schhhhhhhhhhhhh" was the sound. I pulled the book straight up.

As I continued to put the book vertically and horizontally the sound came on and off like a tap. As this was happening I was wondering whether I was hearing things but every time I turned the book the sound came back again.

For about ten minutes I was turning the book like a switch. But slowly and steadily the sound faded until I could no longer hear it anymore.

I put it down to tea.

I poured imaginary water from my book.

Genuinely True Story.

Such is life. Such is life.

Over and Out.
ED.

P.S This is the first post for FLOG which means February Blog. I am attempting to write everyday for the entire month of February. If I miss out a day I shall make two posts in one day for another day. Let's get this rollin' aww yeahhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment