Monday, February 6, 2012

(FLOG DAY 6.) Inspiration (3).

"Darkened Skin... Afraid to See... Radiates... Open Lips Keep Smiling For Me."


Here is a good memory. A strange occurence happened today, perhaps something that I may never again see for years to come. It rained today but there was snow on the ground at the same time. I had never seen that before.


The quote above comes from a song called 'Butterfly Caught' by Massive Attack. When I listened to the song I had to search for the lyrics (partly because the person in the song was mumbling... to good effect by the way). When I read these lines of the chorus I thought that these words put together sounded amazing. The second thought that came to my mind was that I could quite easily create a character and a short story from these lines. (I have done two posts recently in this blog history where I show how I sometimes get inspiration. This is another way I get inspiration for stories.) I began to write down the pictures that came into my head while I was listening to the song. Here are my ideas...

(CENSORED PART OF THE BLOG. AS I BEGAN TO COPY DOWN MY IDEAS INTO THIS BLOG I STARTED TO THINK THAT I REALLY WANTED TO DEVELOP THESE IDEAS FURTHER AND MAKE STORIES OUT OF THEM. YOU GET TO READ THIS MESSAGE INSTEAD OF READING THE IDEAS THAT I HAD FOR STORIES AFTER LISTENING TO THE SONG... BUT THEY WERE REALLY GOOD IDEAS AND PEOPLE CAN READ THEM AFTER I HAVE DEVELOPED THEM INTO STORIES.)

Instead of my ideas I shall talk about ghost stories that don't have scary titles. For example,

  • The Boys Toilets 
and 
  • The Lillies
but also 
  • School For Ghosts.
Not the most chilling story titles that I have read. How can you scare someone with the title of 'School For Ghosts?' When I read that title it sounded like the ghosts were getting up to practical jokes instead of frightening the living daylights out of the living. Within each of these titles I expect the stories that follow MAY be 'haunting' and 'atmospheric' but not scary. Come to think about it there is a certain amount of dread that enters into my heart with the title of 'The Boys Toilets', especially if the story is set in public toilets. 'The Lillies'... the ghost attacks you with hay fever perhaps. These are just jokes. I love ghost stories no matter what they are named. 


That is all for today.

Another day of blogging over. Here's to another day!

A good blog tomorrow.

Over and Out.
ED.

No comments:

Post a Comment