Sunday, February 5, 2012

(FLOG DAY 5.) The Snow Has Settled. Also 100th post on this blog.

I have been writing on this blog since January 2010 and it is now that I have finally reached the 100th post mark. And yet I have not got a cake to celebrate this Frabjurous day. I'll just celebrate by writing some more stuff on this blog post.

While I was lying in bed I was looking out of the window (technically this should be in yesterdays blog). The snow had ceased it's falling and was thick as flick. Outside seemed lighter now that the snow had settled. I came to the conclusion in my head that the moonlight was reflecting on the snow and hence outside seemed lighter with the air being a somewhat blueish tint. For some reason the snow made the outside seem smaller, as if my garden was a film set or a massive room that was made to look like a snowy garden. The snow made outside seem more artificial.
I got up in the morning and went outside, stepping in the snow for the first time, going higher than my heel, about 10centimetres. Everyone I know is whining about the snow and I suppose it is understandable if you need to go to work or drive but I enjoy it. My philosophy is that you should enjoy all the weather types and all things because you can't experience snow when your dead so enjoy it when you're alive... if you know what I mean.
There were few people on the road and the cars that were on the road were going at a snails pace.
I suppose that snow is a good excuse to stay inside and read while looking outside between ten second intervals between every ten or so paragraphs.
Below is an example of what I saw...
The car were absolutely covered before some of the snow on top was swiped away...
I wonder how long the snow will stay around for. Leicester is meant to be the one of the five top coldest cities at the moment. It is slightly wet in Liverpool where my sister is so this is a treat for the few cities that have been snowed upon. I wonder how many people will be able to get to work tomorrow? I bet the snow will slow down the country more than those trade union strikes.

Happy 100th Post.

Hey Ho for tomorrow.

Over and Out.
ED.

No comments:

Post a Comment