Tuesday, February 14, 2012

(FLOG DAY 14.) C'mere Black Annis. Stop Digging Into Sandstone Cliffs.

Today I found the new shoes that I got at Christmas. I had not worn these since I last saw an old friend of mine a few weeks back. It was these shoes that had caused my friend to send me a tweet a day after visiting him (I tweet now apparently) that read,


"Retribution come the morrow my good friend."


Other words were used like "Swift" and "Bloody"... but I assumed he meant that I was bloody swift with the thing I had done with my shoes.


Don't worry it wasn't anything terrible that I did with my shoes... the water has long evaporated off them now, they are completely dry and they smell of washing up liquid and summers day. The event in which my shoes were a major part involved something called Kraken, Hawaii Five O and me taking my shoes off... and I haven't watched the program since (or before) the event.

 Last afternoon I had just posted yesterdays blog post and for some reason I thought I would press the "New Post" button for no other reason than to write (FLOG DAY 14) in the title bit. I wrote the day number for what is today but was tomorrow yesterday, stared at the screen for about ten seconds... and then wrote an entire plan for a short story. I wrote lots of words, stopped writing and then wondered where that burst of creative energy came from.

There was a tingling in my fingers... then a surge of energy rising up from somewhere... and then the energy burst through my fingers. The entire story plan is stored in draft form in the backstage of this blog. It was one of those moments when I had to write. It felt as if knowing that you want to stretch but deciding not to do it... eventually your going to have a stretch or you'll start to feel a bit fidgety.

In other news I have found recently that there is a local legend in my home village. It's about an ancient dog that walks through the alleyways. I have no idea why some timeless celestial dog from beyond the realms of the material plane would decide to walk through the alleyways of the area. The place has it's charms I suppose. Another legend that I have learnt is that of the Black Annis, a bogeyman type figure from Leicester. Apparently she has iron claws that she uses to dig into sandstone cliffs.

Last but not least, here is a thought that came to my mind today,

Whenever you are writing a piece of work don't ever feel reluctant to show people. ALWAYS think this in your head,

"Sod it. I'll just put it in the world anyway."

You never know. You may be depriving people of a piece of work that could potentially change someone or something for the better one way or another.

End of the post.

Over and Out.
ED.








No comments:

Post a Comment