Monday, February 13, 2012

(FLOG DAY 13.) Bye Car, Random Writing Again.

"The Ivory Leg is what propels me
Harpoons thrust in the sky
Aim directly for his crooked brow
And look him straight in the eye."

Well that quote sounded good...

A big truck thing came and took the car that I helped my brother out with in the last blog. My brother was taking out every bit of petrol from it to be used in his car. A few weeks ago the car that was taken away was hit in the back and couldn't be fixed professionally or by my Carhead brother so the only thing it could be used for was scrap. I stood by the upstairs window and gave it a wave goodbye. It's the same reason some people say goodbye to their house when they are moving to another one. 

Very soon I may be known as, "Ed Astill: Clerical Officer." I'll know within the week. Woo! Onwards and upwards as they say.

Also the snow is pretty much gone now apart from a few small specks left. Snow is an adventure, adventure is nice, so snow is nice.

While you are filling in forms sometimes, as you know, you have to fill in the Equal Opportunities Form. I think this is a good idea of course but I keep thinking that if I put myself down as a certain type of minority then I wonder if I will have a better chance of being accepted. Oh well, I still agree with the form so I'll just write in all the relevant slots.

A few blogs ago I wrote about a writing exercise that I did in which I write the first words that come to my head. I did this again but did a poem... and it turned out alright. I then seemed to have drawn a picture of a tree under it. But this is the poem that came directly from my unconscious writing,

(I'm sorry I did this again but I edited it out. I thought that there might steal and I'm quite proud of it. I seemed to have written a poem about a tree with vines hanging around it.)

It's annoying for me when poets write poems and you haven't got a clue what they are going on about, but the poet does because what they write is significant and meaningful to them. I think that poets should always write some sidenote on the same page of each of their poems to give the reader an idea about what they are talking about. An example is Seamus Heaney. I only knew some of the stuff he was talking about because I researched it after reading the poem. I read some of his poems and hadn't a clue because I didn't know anything about his life. There should be a small introduction before each poem so you get an idea about where he is coming from. 

I tend to unconsciously write about the same subjects; religion, nature, ageing, the changing seasons, the cogs of time, otherworldly landscapes and ideas changing lives... not entirely sure why. 

Over and Out. 
ED.

No comments:

Post a Comment