Thursday, February 2, 2012

(FLOG DAY 2). The Simple Joys of putting stuff in Vending Machines and Drinking Stuff in Atriums.

I'm visiting my good mate Kiran from yesterday (Wednesday) until Friday (the morrow). I stayed in the newly moved in house of Kiran who lives in Derby. We spent the night talking, drinking cheap wine, talking about the fantastic subjects we both have an interest in and acting like bohemians and shizz.
I got up in the morning and spent the day within the Derby City Centre. Dear God I missed the quaint smallness of Derby, like a smaller version of beloved Leicester. The market place is fantastic, simple yet homely (yet again a small version of Leicester and Leiceseter market).
I headed back to Kiran's house with Kiran.

The visit so far has reminded me how much I love Derby. I even went into the university and the familiar joy of putting change in a vending machine or messing about in the atrium was really nice and slightly comforting. Experiencing something that you have not experienced for a few months gives you a unique warm, welcoming feeling.

In other news I want to try my chances on the drums. My mate Munchy (who you may know from previous posts) has a drum kit that he has stored in a barn next to his house. He is going to take it out soon and when he does... by heck... there will be a' banging like the trumpets on judgement day.
I also want to play Munchy's Alison (Alison is his guitar). Munchy can play Lissie with my permission as well (Lissie is my bass)... innuendo... but that is what they are seriously called. Munchy's guitar is named after Alison Mosshart and my bass is named after Lissie Maurus.

Excellent news came my way today also. There is a film that I feel excited about. The Woman in Black is coming out!
"So what Ed."
What do you mean so what? It's a production by the world famous Hammer Horror people... you know, Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing. Aww yeahh!
FLOG DAY Over and Out.
ED.

1 comment:

  1. Hammer Horror is back and about time. it is about time a British entrepreneur actually kept these ENGLISH heritages going. We need a Richard Branson type guy to (or is it too?) to (or is it too?) to (I think you get my drift) invest some of his billions into things like Hammer Films and Hadrians Wall, you know build them back up! (I should have used the contents of this comment for my own blog) Anyway, I always enjoy reading your blogs!

    LP&H :)

    ReplyDelete