Wednesday, May 2, 2012

What made me laugh a year ago.

Today I reminded myself how much I made myself laugh while I was working on my degree nearly a year ago while sometimes being shamelessly hyped up on Relentless.

My good mate Kiran is in the position that I was in a year ago with being part of the university, working to achieve shizz, that knackering situation that many people go through (while having fun as they are doing it of course... this post is about one of the simple ways I did so).
Yesterday I picked up the phone to his voice asking me whether he could come round so I could give him the what's what about work. I was all too happy to enforce the principles of brotherhood/sisterhood so I was absolutely for obliging his request. He stayed for a few hours, I drank tea... he drank Lemsip and we talked about work and life plans for a few hours round the table (and chairs... we actually weren't around the chairs... aww yeahh!)
Before he left the house he asked whether I was alright to email my process analysis essay for one of my modules in order to help him. I said yes and we parted ways...

Now on to today I sent over my work through email while I was free from toil, which forced me to look at the work that was stored on my computer... and hence I was reminded about how I made myself laugh while I worked last year.

There were times in which I felt working was dry and tedious so I used to amuse myself while I was working through the use of inappropriate swear words... and this method works if you want to spice up your work time.  Firstly when I was saving work I would save it as,

Ed's F*CKING AMAZING short stories portfolio. 

or

This is my b*starding essay for Focus 3.


I would then go onto my hotmail account and email myself with all my work on attachment. Due to saving working through email attachment, I was given the opportunity to email myself... so I just wrote swear words and funny messages such as...

Hi Ed,


Here your ************* work.


Go eat some food and do your s*dding washing up yeah.


Yours sincerely 
Ed.


...But what my past self didn't know was that I had already done the washing up.

I also used to read my work out to myself in funny voices while I was by myself sometimes (never when I was in the library working of course)... usually under the veil of a delirium caused by exhaustion or boredom.

In other news I have watched The Avengers. In this you have it all. You have,

  • The Patriotic character... the type you imagine says "Hey kiddo" quite a lot to people. (Captain America).
  • The smart- arse Jekyll and Hyde 'Monster' character (The Hulk and Bruce Banner).
  • The gun wielding eye candy. (Black Widow).
  • The cool gadget guy that might like Black Sabbath and dances the robot (Iron Man).
  • Some random guy with a crossbow (Hawkeye)
  • A badass with an eye patch (Nick Fury).
  • A God (Thor).
  • A suave villain (Loki)
... and the rest. Quite brilliant. Good fun mixed with modern legends. 

And lastly I have hardly been reading anything apart from short stories for the past few years but now I am happily going back into novel (not funny) territory properly with 'To Kill A Mockingbird'... ooh la la.

Respect and all that.

Over and Out.
ED.









No comments:

Post a Comment