Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I Suppose You Can Call It It One Of My Hobbies...

For about two Sundays now my family (my brother and two sisters) have been gathering with various other associates to go to the local pub quiz at The White Horse pub.
Our first go we came third and gained a £5 bar tab... which was meant to be shared by six people. The second go, to make sure that everything was fair, everyone donated money and put it into a kitty (as in money kitty... sick) and put the bar tab into that  so that nobody knows who has used the £5 bar tab... and with the money left over we can use to enter the quiz next time.
...And our second time we had a go at the pub quiz and came forth as fourth... out of many, many other teams. Also through the use of the bar tab we technically need a treasurer or something now to handle the left over money.
Pub quiz... aww yeah!

... and we are trying to get more people into the team... the more the merrier.

For the last two times we have been calling ourselves Quizzy Rascal but other options for names are...


  • The Birstall Crew. 
  • Universally Challenged (yes I did take that from The original Office tv series).
  • Wikipedia Appreciation Team. 
  • The Devil Wears Pub Quiz.
More names!


It was highlighted a few days ago that whenever I put a swear word on my blog, I put the star symbol over some letters. I was asked why I did this and I realised to my horror that I didn't really know. Personally I think that swearing is needed and is a wonderful part of language. I would feel weird if I was told that I could never swear again. In fact I think that swearing is fantastic and I do it all the time.
I suppose it's due to the fact that there might be an off chance that an old person might be reading it or something... and I've always felt guilty about swearing in front of old people.
It's the same reason that some novels from back in the day wouldn't put a date down in their story. They would go 18- and leave the rest to the imagination of the reader.
If anyone happens to see me around the place I'll swear then... I'll swear like a fu***** raving bas**** if the situation wishes it. But I only swear when there is  purpose for doing so... I don't want people to think I'm effing and blinding all the time... just the same amount as any other person.

Pub Quiz!


Over and Out.
ED.

No comments:

Post a Comment