Monday, May 14, 2012

Imagination (2). A Weird Occurence.

"Those who spend the greater part of their time in reading or writing books are, of course, apt to take rather particular notice of accumulations of books when they come across them. They will not pass a stall, a shop, or even a bedroom- shelf without reading some title, and if they find themselves in an unfamiliar library, no host need trouble himself further in their entertainment."
A Neigbour's Landmark by M.R James.


"Welcome to InputOutput, the show that brings you live music in a new and exciting way... sort of like the infusion of influx of sound and voice where the band show yourselves what kind of apple juice you can find in your next soup presentation."
Rich Fulcher. 


Here is a funny and bizarre thing that happened to me recently... and I found it so ridiculous that I thought I would write on my blog about it.

I was sitting down on a seat as a person nearby that I know sat on the next seat watching rugby on the television in front of them.


"Are you actually reading that book?" they asked.


(Oooooookaaaayyy then...)


"Yes." I replied.


"... But you aren't turning the pages" they said.


"That's because I'm reading the pages."


A minute or so passed and then they blurted out in sincere and heartfelt disgust. "It all looks so dull. It's worrying."


For the initiated readers (which is hopefully most people) reading is a fantastic thing that makes a lot of things possible. What is so dull about the imagination?

What a funny comment (or two) to make about reading... imagination is there for a reason you know.

Over and Out.
ED.

No comments:

Post a Comment