Monday, April 9, 2012

Haydock Horse Racing.

This is not an event that I have ever been to before.

On Saturday I went to the horse races at Haydock Park. I had never ever gone horse racing before so it was a unique experience.

My mates Munchy and Dave were there (this whole day was thanks to Munch who brought us along because at the Haydock races because he had a family gathering there every year and I was lucky enough to be invited).

Before the races we sat down and had a three course meal. For my starter I had a cube of haddock with salad leaves of some name that I don't know. For the main course I had salmon with some sort of bean sauce underneath it. Lastly for pudding I had a cheesecake with half a strawberry and some nice looking sauce sprinkled on top... and I couldn't tell you about the fancy names for each of the dishes but they were very good.

After the meal it was about time in which the racing started. My first bet that I made was on the second race and the horse was called Tiger O'Toole and was the second horse... and from this bet I won about £7. 50 for the £5 that I had bet for the horse. Dave being a lucky person placed a bet in the first race and his horse came first... which meant that he won about £80!

I don't know if there is a technical term for it but we were able to sit in a 'box'.

 We saw the horses strutting up and down after each race by the parade area which I bet the horses were annoyed (I assume) because by that time they would have been absolutely knackered... they seemed happy enough.
I wonder if the horses are aware that they are taking part in a race or whether they just think it is normal to be told to run fast by their trainers.

The day was really good, an enjoyable new experience. I just need to have better luck betting and have more knowledge about horses and the whole racing game so I can have a good chance at winning...

I would like to show my appreciation to Tiger O'Toole for the £7.50 I won.

Over and Out.
ED.

No comments:

Post a Comment