Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Four Days Without Civilisation (Day Four).

The day was restful.There was a really old church not far away from the house so we went there to play an organ that was housed there. The church was hardly ever used and it was a drive, a walk over a bridge and a field till we got there.
It was in a mass of fields without company apart from the cows.
I have no idea about organs whatsoever, I just assumed that it was similar to a piano. What I learnt was that two people were needed to play one, the first person to actually play the thing and the other person was at the back pumping the massive fan thing at the back. We took turns pumping the lever as the organ was being played.
I walked around the church for a bit. Most of the inscriptions and so forth were from the 1700's..... which is nearly as old as my dad.
.....Oh yeah and then we played pooh sticks on the bridge nearby.

Over and Out.
ED.

No comments:

Post a Comment