Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Why I love Leicester.

There are many people that talk about how terrible their home town or city is.
"It's too full of chavs" they say or pardon the language...
"It's a sh** hole...it's not like some other cities that I've seen."

I returned to Leicester after months of living in Derby. I took the skylink bus from Derby Bus Station right into my village Birstall (and yes I love public transport also, it's a great place to meditate on things, listen to music or read.)
I passed through Loughborough, with it's market, it's Rileys, it's McDonalds and Argos. I knew where everything was from the Comic Book Shop, where the old music shop was (it closed down), where the book shop is and the small Vue cinema which holds so many teenage memories for me. People may complain about Loughborough but I have an adoration for it and I love it even more because it has it's imperfections.
We travelled on to Leicester. I looked down the road to where my Nan lives in Syston (it was her birthday also yesterday, she was ninety years old, still as bright as a button. Happy Birthday Nannie). Leicester is one of the best places in the country. There are so many brilliant places to go to, to be, so many great scenes that you can be a part of.
I love you Leicester and whatever anyone says about you, you are always going to be very special to me.
My brother, Tom opened the door of he house, gave a 'hey bro' hug and spoke to each other. It was not long before my Mum got back from work. She gave me a hug and a tea to boot.
Leicester Pride...although Derby has a good music scene...and by good I mean that not only is the scene good but the music is also of good taste Leicester gave birth to so many brilliant people...and the clock tower is amazng........sooooooooo...
Happy life living.
Over and Out.
ED.


No comments:

Post a Comment