Friday, February 11, 2011

A Gig to Remember.

After a day of doing work at the library at Derby uni I set off to the accomodation of my friend and companion for the night, Kiran. Kiran had never been to the undeniable thrill of a metal gig before and I was very willing to show him what he was missing.
We entered the doorway of the Redemption Club just as the first band was doing sound checks. I looked out at the crowd and saw a mass of leather, denim jackets with bands patches sown on and band t- shirts...and long hair. This was going to be one loud night.
I was fans of two of the bands that were playing but wanted to check out the others also. All of these bands were known throughout the metal underground so it was really exciting to see them. We stood there with our drinks as the first band started. They were a band from Sweden and they rocked the kasbah. They were so good that I went to the band stall and bought their first released CD.
Four bands performed altogether. One of the bands were 'Mesopotamian Metal' and had come all the way from Jerusalem to play. I was pretty sure that the guitar and the lead vocalist pointed at me...it must have been because I was just amazing at doing random burst of headbanging... which I don' recommend doing for long periods of time.
I was talking to Kiran before the gig and he said that most of the time he listens to punk and other types of rock. He said he had never really been in to metal. Well Kiran I hope that I have converted you. Metal makes you feel excited and makes you want to jump about...and yes it is meant for both genders, there were plenty of metal chicks at the gig, a lot of them rocking about to the same degree as the males.
I recommend metal to everyone. It's gratifying, theatrical and it gives you the chance to mess about when you can't most of the time in normal life.\m/


\m/ Hail to the Metal! Raise your hands and make the sign of the horns with your two fingers! \m/
 
Over and Out.
ED

No comments:

Post a Comment