Saturday, February 27, 2010

Into the fray....of town.

Tis been a day of contemplation and walking. I got up and decided that what I needed was to go to town. I didn't need to but I quite fancied it. The first place that I went to was Spar to get some food and then walked on.
Further into town I strolled and saw a sign advertising a CD fair at the guild hall. I have no idea where the guild hall was and I didn't want to stay too long in town so I just walked on.
Ummm, then I started to daydream as I listened to my walkman (yes that was walkman, not ipod, merely drag and drop into the walkman files and that is all that needs to be done woo woo). It was due to my spaced- out- ness that I almost passed Wayne and Kim, two of my writing compadre's. As we were talking I saw someone famous, someone I had heard of many a time but had not seen or heard of before.......the singing big issue dude.
I then travelled into the waiting bosom of Waterstones and then to the leathery arms of HMV. I then went to a few more places.
It was on the way back from town that the excitement happened... I mean the embarressment. The first thing was 'the head turn.' I walked past a man who coughed, but at the time I thought that he said 'Ed', so I turned to look to him and he looked at me weirdly. The next embarressing thing that happened was that I was waiting for the red light to come on so that I could cross the road. As I waited I thought about something I had seen on youtube which I found funny. This lead me to unleash a loud but brief overture of laughter that forced itself from my chest and out of my mouth. I then stood there until finally I could quickly walk away from the other ''standers.'' (Being a self- confessed Ed is not merely a principle, it's a way of life.)
A productive day methinks.
And now I am back and writing this blog. Beep beep la go fludu gabba.
Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment