Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My Argument For Why The Imagination Is Just As Real As Physical Reality.

'"Are you real or are you in my head?"
"What's the difference."'
Taken from 'An English Monster' by Lloyd Shepherd.

I got most of what I have written in this post through rambling through a country park by myself in the early evening... and I'm only writing this for the sheer fun of rationalizing supposed irrationality.

This might sound bizarre.

I'm going to say something that might sound funny... the imagination is just as real as the physical world that we are aware of through our senses... and here is my line of reasoning.

"What the heck Ed?!"

...Yeah I know but hear me out.

Firstly I am going to say that physical reality is just as much an illusion as the imagination and science proves this... yes I know it sounds weird. Matter is vibration... matter is loads of vibrations that are slowed down to a certain frequency to be precise(or summing or nuffing). So that means that what you are seeing, feeling, touching, tasting right now... is nothing but a field of energy, vibrations that your consciousness is interpreting and making into something that you can process and understand... quantum physics.

Right... so now that I have told you the first part of my argument I can now finish off by writing the second part of this delving into the fantastic...

Think of something in your imagination right now. Think of a chair or a table or a fictional character, anything. Now tell me what that picture is made of. Surely it is made up of electric signals that your mind has put into form.

So when we think about it, the world out there in the physical world is just as real as the imagination...

Physical world is made of of vibrations... an energy field interpreted by your mind.
The images of the imagination are made up of electric signals that your brain has made into something that you can see with your mind's eye.

So what is more real... vibrations or electricity?... equally as real as one another.

Duh Duh Duuuuuuuuuunnnnnnn!!!!!!!

Freaky stuff!

It is obviously very silly to take all that I have said as fact because then you might be seen as a little bit crazy... something to think about I suppose.


Over and Out.
ED.


An Add On...

It has occurred to me that the senses that you use in order to be aware of the physical world cannot work in the so called 'world of the imagination.' You may find it hard to smell or touch the table or chair that you may be imagining.
Perhaps we are observers of the world of imagination and we have literally taken things from this world and written it down or created a script or play from the ideas and concepts that we take back with us from this world that we can see through our mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment