Thursday, January 31, 2013

Gaining Ground.

I wrote this short thing ages ago. I can't remember why I wrote it or for what reason but I am just going to write it down on this blog post anyway. Yeah I know... I'm being a bit "lah dee dah" perhaps... whatever.

Gaining Ground.

1.
Humanity has created civilisation since the beginning of prehistory.

2.
Dead cities makes rubble, makes dirt and on that new systems are built upon.

3.
Each Empire of History is a step on Babels side in the hope that we might touch Heaven.

4.
Next one up is transcendence beyond our instincts, touching the stars, defying the nature of indifference, the mathematical inevitability that shapes our actions.

5.
I wonder how animal we look to them as we climb pouring libations to be blessed, measuring how far we have fallen, born to ascend.

6.
Knowing that the gate of Instinct is locked against access to the Mount of Assembly we climb artificially to rest in the Eternal Garden that we glimpse only when we sleep.



Over and Out.
ED.

No comments:

Post a Comment