Sunday, January 30, 2011

Being Grateful.

The last few days have been unbelievably stressful for me with work at university and today I can finally say that I feel happy that everything is under control. I have been asking around for help from family and friends, all of whom have been ready to help me.
My friend has helped me to figure out a few things for my Independant Studies Project and has given me information that is undeniably useful and talked me through my project, calming me down. Thank you.
It is at times in which you are stressful that you crave to hear the voices of your family. I rang home and my mother picked up. It was so wonderful and comforting to hear her voice. Thank you.
The next day I called and my father who said he would help me with finding a sound recorder so that I may interview people for my project. He said that he could drive from Leicester and we could go out for a meal together. This was so nice to hear. I said that I knew a few good places that we could go to. Thankyou.
The same day I asked my brother to help me order books for my course which he helped me to do. He also emailed documents on attachment to me to help me organise my work from the days in which he was at university. Thank you.
I had an email conversation on Facebook between myself and my sister to check up on each other. I said I was stressed. She said that she was working on her dissertation and told me the trick is to make lots of teas. Thank you.
My other sister is no doubt busy also and I will contact her sometime to check up on her also. Thank you for what will be coming.
And thank you to the people I have asked that are willing to be interviewed for my university project. Much appreciated.

I am reflecting now on how much the people you love and associate with can enrich your life. Life is short and it is one of the greatest pleasures to be around the people who don't mind you asking favours and are willing to help you and give you advice. It may sound cheesy but it is true. You are all awesome, my amazing family to my rockin' friends

I know I am being sickeningly cheesy and sentimental but I'm in that mood at the moment. A weight has been lifted thanks to a certain group of people.

I shall end this cheesy post with an equally cheesy photo.

Thank you.

(*Everyone finishes reading the post and is sick over their individual computer screens.*)

Over and Out.
ED






1 comment:

  1. I like this. Sometimes, I forget to be grateful too... and now I have been reminded about how much good and love and help I have in my life too.

    So- THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete