Tuesday, November 23, 2010

CD Review.

I have bought two CD's recently and I wish to share my opinions on them because I think they are gooduns. Shall I began?...what?...no I won't stop typing!

1.
The album 'Catching a Tiger' by Lissie Maurus is the first album that I wish to review. When you listen to the songs you feel as though you are in a field full of corn while it is sunny or you think you are driving in a car with the top down on a long stretch of road.
You can listen to what she was influenced by just by what you hear in the songs; blues, country, rock and roll and popular music. She has a gravelly voice that suits the style of her music perfectly. It is a free spirited march into a new sound that at the same time sounds traditonal. I heard that Lenny Kravitz and the filmaker David Lynch are great fans of Lissie as well as other celebrities who have got behind her banner of country sounding awesomeness. I'm a fan. It's honest and good and I think everyone should listen. My favourite songs are 'Cuckoo' and 'Look Away'.

2.
Here is the long awaited fourth album of the New York based band, Interpol. I have been into these fellahs for ages, they just sound different and I love the voice of the lead singer Paul Banks...I like to think that his voice sounds like a sarcastic, gravelly Michael Stripe from R.E.M. They are the very embodiment of New York.
It is sad for me to say that after the making of the album the bassist Carlos Dengler left because he didn't like the touring...which is a shame...that said the music is as atmospheric as ever, with the signature Interpol sound. My favourite songs are 'Lights' and 'Barricade'. Paul Banks, as always means everything that he says, it all comes from the heart, just like Lissie Maurus.

So there you are, the two albums that I have recently bought. Go check them out if thou wilt. I hope ye won't be disappointed.

Over and Out.
ED

No comments:

Post a Comment