Saturday, December 17, 2011

J.B Lenoir.

My mate Munchy and I both listen to music and jam together for fun as well as messing around and doing whatever activity. One of the many musical genre's that we like are blues music. When I was in Derby ages ago I went into a shop and saw a 7 DVD set of films directed by well known film directors and organised by Martin Scorsesse. I thought that I would buy it, watch them all and give them as a Christmas present to Munchy. I got as far as the first two films and then gave it to Munchy but between starting to watch the films and finishing watching the films I was introduced to a new blues artist called J.B Lenoir (pronounced Len-or). The first thing that made me like him was because he acted in this manner on an old recording...




After watching this film the first thing I thought was,
"What a pleasant sounding fellah. Hey J.B, do you want to be my mate?"

He wrote a lot of songs, one of them protesting the Vietnam War and wore funky clothes while he was performing. He was lurking around but I found him and his music decades after he died.

Here is the song 'I Feel So Good.'



Pretty good to be honest. Just his voice and his guitar was all he needed.

It's always nice when you are searching around for those little gems in the mass of culture out there and you actually find someone of this quality in the data banks of technology and memory.

Happy near- to- Christmas anyone who read this post.

Over and Out.
ED.

1 comment: