Thursday, July 7, 2011

Digging Holes in Skegness and My New Library.

I feel that I have not written a post for ages. After fulfilling one June goal by visiting Rasselas Morjan (in the previous post) it was time for me to transport all of my beloved books and films from Derby back to Leicester. Due to the need to put all of this stuff somewhere I was compelled to clear out the old bookcase with my old books from childhood and teenage years in order to update my passion for literature don't cha know.
I looked through my old books. There were about thirty goosebumps books that I had (some that I had already given to charity a few years before) that I cleared away. When I was younger I read these books like wildfire. From between the ages of six and thirteen my book obsessions were Goosebumps written by R. L Stine (is it a coincidence that his names sounds like Frankenstein?) and the Redwall series by Brian Jacques. After these book series I started to get into the gothic classics, weird tales and modern dark fantasy/ macabre fiction. I don't know why Harry Potter has never been a series that I have wanted to be picked up, just doesn't excite me as much as other books.
After I had put all of my more recently bought books onto my bookcase I was happy.

I went to Skegness with fellow consciousnesses called Dan, Rob, Jo, Munchy and Bean, staying at a seaside camp for a weekend and a day.

As night fell we had a barbeque on the beach. About three burgers for me please ...yum yum.



Morning came. When I woke up and clambered unkempt from my tent my taste buds were greeted with a taste smash on my tongue from an egg and bacon sandwich. It was after this mighty fine breakfast that we went down to the beach and set up the slip and slide, taking Fairy Liquid to make it slippery.
The above picture is Munchy sliding down to the sea like a man with no will to live. Funnily enough the fairly liquid had little effect because of the sand that caused painful friction on our bellies anyway... but cleverly we wore shirts most of the time sliding down.

That night we lighted a red glowy monster into the sky that one calls a Chinese lantern. We set off a firework to make Neptune happy... out of politeness really.

A nice time all round I would say.

Vaguely entertaining blog over.


Over and Out.
ED

No comments:

Post a Comment